Wednesday 19 June 2013

CD Cover

I decided I was happy with the image I had created of my own take on Neville Brody's image 'Bounce' so put it onto the template for the front of my CD cover.
Once I had done this, I noticed that on the image I created there was a black background which was what made the image on the right stand out and the text too. Once I had thought of the options I could do, either fill the whole CD cover black, or only the top half, I chose to only make the top half black so that the image on the right would stand out. I used the gradient tool so that along the top of the image it would fade into white, as it got further to the left.
However once I put the gradient on it didn't seem right with the text which overlapped both sides, so I used the paintbrush to colour in the halfway point of my image to make the text with two tones stand out more and look more effective. At this point I was happy with my image but I felt that the image behind the text on the right wasn't clear enough to see like the one on the left.
So I changed the style of the image to Linear Light which made the image stand out clearer and I felt added more depth into my image, I chose the linear light as it put more light onto the image and made it clearer to see. I needed to add something onto the bottom of my image because at the moment I thought it looked too plain, and a little boring, so I took this image and put it onto my CD cover and see if it would make it look better.
Unfortunately when I first put the image onto the cd cover it was only showing the text, except from the small part of colour at the top. I was stuck for abit but I realised that the small amount of colour was showing up because it had a background, so I got a version of the original image I was trying to put on and put it behind the modified image.
After doing this he image was clearly visible and looked better, but after looking at the cover a couple fo times I thought that it was too dominant on the cover and took most of the focus from the text 'Memories and Words' which I didnt want to happend because that was what the whole project is about. So I changed the opacity and he styles on the image and ended up with the cover looking like this.

I changed the opacity on all the layers to 50% which I thought made it look better as it wasnt taking focus off the images above, but it was still visible and giving the effect of depth into my cover. I kept the style the same as I thought it looked better now that I had changed the opacity. Despite me thinking it looked better, I still thought that the top of my 3rd image was covering over the image above a little too much so I used the rubber to hide the top of the image and stop it going over and masking the other images.

After doing this, I liked the cd cover and thought it looked better now I had erased the top of my image so that it didnt go into the other images and mask them.

No comments:

Post a Comment