Tuesday 18 June 2013

Refining a Neville Brody image which I recreated

To begin with I found an image i liked by Neville Brody and thought of ways I could make it my own image and make it unique.

This was the image I chose as a basis to recreate my own image, I started by getting an image of my own face and putting it onto a page, then splitting the page in half, to make my image the way Brody had done. Once I had done this I typed the words 'Memories and Words' onto my image in the style of the Neville Brody. The style I used on the picture of me was Pin Light this is because I think it makes the image look as if the sun is reflecting off my the image, and in this case my face. I thought it was a good idea as my idea is to do with holidays, and it was as if I was on holiday with the sun reflecting off of my face. 

 


Once I had gotten to this stage I thought the side without an image looked to bland and boring so I collected an image of me from when I was younger and put it onto the blank side. I thought this made it look better as it filled the page, and made it look more interesting, I specifically chose a picture of me when I was younger as it links with the brief 'Memories and Words' because it is a memory of how I used to be when I was younger.
However once I put on the image I noticed that the image of me was going onto the other half and making the letters in the middle, which had two colours, look odd. I thought this was a problem and made my image look worse so I changed the opacity from 100% to 15%.
Once I had done this I immediately thought that it looked much better as the second image didn't merge onto the other half and didn't make the letters look odd. This also made the words on the half look clearer and easier to see. Once i had reached this point I thought that I didn't have enough writing on my image and as the brief was to do with typography i thought I should add some more. I also thought that it would be a better idea if I somehow merged the black writing into the white writing so it wasn't just a sudden change in colour.
I began to add more, but then realised if I added too many my image would look too crowded and might hide the images behind the text. To merge the two colours together i added a gradient which I thought made the interchange between the black writing and the white writing look much better. I began to think that the first image, on the left, was too over powering and was hiding the text and being too bright compared to the other half.
So I changed to opacity of the first image from 100% to 70% which I thought made the image look better as I didn't have an image too bright on my image.

No comments:

Post a Comment